Any orders made by 12:00 on weekdays will be shipped on same day.
※Please note that our fulfilment operation closes on weekends, your order will be packed and shipped on the next business day.
El Palto cooperative, where is located in Andean region in northern Peru, started the union of 35 small farmers in 2003, and it now has 189 members with a total area of 549 hectares. Their mission is to make life better for the farmers who work here, and to that end, they strive to produce quality products that are certified organic and fair trade.
Processing method: Swiss Water (Vancouver, Canada)
◆ Decaffeination process using only pure water 99.9% caffeine free (no chemicals used)
◆ Minimizing the load on green coffee beans to maintain the original flavor.
Origin：North Area, PERU
Process: Swiss Water's processing process is explained in an easy to understand way on Youtube.
(1) Green bean cleaning (silver skin, foreign matter removal)
(2) Infiltrate the green beans with warm water to make them swell up to twice their original size. It is difficult to extract the ingredients from solid beans, so blistering the beans once makes it easier to extract the ingredients.)
(3) Drain the water and inject the decaffeinated GCE (Green Coffee Extract = all the ingredients of coffee that can be dissolved in water, amino acids, etc.).
(4) Transfer the caffeine in the green coffee beans to the GCE. (The principle of osmosis allows caffeine to flow from the highly caffeinated green coffee beans to the almost caffeine-free GCE.)
(5) The caffeine infiltrated GCE is then passed through a special carbon filter, where only the caffeine is absorbed by the filter and the caffeine is removed. The carbon filter is then sent to a heating furnace, where it is reused after the caffeine is removed.
(6) The GCE that has been purified in this way is sent to the tank containing the green beans again. The process (4) to (6) is repeated for about 10 hours (while monitoring the time, temperature, and flow of GCE), and when the caffeine content of the green beans reaches 0.1%, it is moved to the drying process.
(7) The decaffeinated green beans are dried using a hair dryer.
The decaffeinated beans are then bagged and the decaffeination process is complete.
・We usually enclose a delivery note with the price of the product. If you don't need a delivery note, please write it in the memo box when you place your order.
・Gift wrapping is not available for this product.
- About delivery overseas -
・For those who wish to receive EMS delivery
Due to the spread of the coronavirus and various other factors, EMS delivery to some countries and regions has been suspended. Even in areas where delivery is possible, there have been cases where it has taken up to two months for packages to arrive.
Please note that orders cannot be canceled or refunded due to delays in delivery.
・For those who wish to ship to North America, Europe, and Australia
Please note that if you choose EMS as your shipping carrier, we will change it to DHL and bill you for the difference.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
・When using DHL and FEDEX, we do not ship on weekends and holidays. We will ship sequentially on the next business day.
Shipping calculated at checkout.